Monday, June 14, 2010

Long weekend

We took the family to the 'seum (aka the Powerhouse Museum) today so the older two could run in the playground while we sat quietly in the sun having coffee and repairing ourselves after getting up for the soccer. I remember now why I only watch soccer during the world cup - what a terrible decision sending off Cahill. Grrrr, still our boys did pretty well to keep the goals down to another two while only having 10 men. Home now, and ready to put the fire on, get wrapped up warm and do it all over again! Fergus is going well, now on 4 hourly feeds, so only up twice a night. Which is not so hard after being up once a night for pretty much the last five years with the other two!! I've also been madly busy with work, which seems unfair as it's basically the off-season for racing and I was banking on having some quiet afternoons on my daycare days to rest. Hasn't happened yet.... Ahh well, having a new member to our family is great fun, so no complaints here. And I worked out that in 3 weeks I've used approximately 140 nappies. Hubby did the calculation and by using cloth, it has cost us $2 in electricity, water and washing powder and 3 hours of my time. The equivalent disposables is $52 - so I've 'earnt' $17/hour by using cloth! Love it.
Plus I did some scrapping last night - got a layout done for each boy. I might upload them tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment